Successful applicant will be required to live within 30-minute response time to the Spur office.
Performs diverse work installing and maintaining power transmission and distribution lines and poles. Repairing and replacing damaged equipment and components, such as transformers, switches, and insulators. Climbing poles to access equipment. Works on energized lines, structures and equipment involving electricity distribution. Responds to emergency situations such as power outages and storm damage. Working in all types of weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, and rain. Operates heavy machinery such as bucket trucks and digger derricks. Physical fitness and a willingness to work at heights are important as well as the ability to work with a team and follow safety procedures. Must have a current CDL or be willing to get a CDL within 90 days. Requires an excellent driving record. SPEC does pre-employment background checks and drug screens. We are willing to hire an apprentice lineman. However, successful applicant will be required to attend and graduate from Northwest Lineman College in Denton, Texas. This will require them to live in Denton, Texas, for 15 weeks. The cost of the school and living expenses while in Denton will be paid for by SPEC. Pay commensurate with experience. This position is open to current employees and to outside applicants. The deadline to apply is Friday, June 30, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Click Here to apply
The IT Help Desk technician is expected to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. The IT Help Desk technician responsibilities also include investigating, resolving and escalating network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate 1st level support. You will use applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written knowledge base articles and technical manuals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assumes responsibility for providing first tier technical support for all users.
• Receives and prioritizes calls and e-mails from users.
• Provides first-line support answering technical questions and providing resolutions to problems.
• Anti-virus troubleshooting and support
• Monitor and manage IT asset inventory.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation.
• Keep systems up to date through operating systems upgrades
• Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features
• Provide help desk support for network issues
• Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed
• Respond to IT issues, hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
• Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software
• Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
• Set up equipment for new users
• Install and update network system improvements as needed
• Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more
Click Here to apply
Some of the best, brightest, most creative and dedicated people have chosen to serve their communities and develop their careers through electric cooperatives. America’s electric cooperatives are working to bring home innovative electrical solutions to the communities we serve.
South Plains Electric Cooperative only accepts applications when positions are available. Please check back regularly for new job listings. If you are interested in working for a Touchstone Energy Cooperative and are willing to relocate, check for job listings at www.touchstoneenergy.jobs.
South Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Have an entrepreneurial spirit?
Interested in growth opportunities?
At South Plains Electric Cooperative, we have opportunities in many diverse roles, ranging from information technology, communications, marketing and member services, engineering and operations, and community and economic development to name a few. Plus, you can feel good about what you do. Electric cooperative employees receive satisfaction knowing their work makes a difference in their community, directly improving people's lives.
Electric cooperatives provide their staff with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. With approximately 63,000 employees nationwide, Touchstone Energy cooperatives offer great career opportunities among a variety of professional, technical and business positions.