Full-Time Member Service Representative - Spur
South Plains Electric Cooperative is accepting applications for a full-time member service representative in our Spur office.
This position serves as the primary contact in the provision of services, disconnects/ connects, problem resolution, payment arrangements, general inquiries and account maintenance. Must have a high school diploma. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen. South Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-Time Cashier - Lubbock
South Plains Electric Cooperative is accepting applications for a full-time cashier in Lubbock. Must have high school diploma and a valid Texas Drivers’ License. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is a plus. South Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
· Answers billing questions and directs members to appropriate departments for service inquiries.
· Coordinates with billing department on returned checks and completes service orders for reconnected accounts.
· Records billing and payment arrangements with members.
· Updates credit history and statistical information on member accounts.
Full-Time Member Service Representative - Lubbock
South Plains Electric Cooperative is accepting applications for a full-time member service representative in Lubbock. This position serves as the primary contact in the provision of services, disconnects/ connects, problem resolution, payment arrangements, general inquiries, and account maintenance. Must have a high school diploma. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. This position will work in the Lubbock Division. South Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-Time Mechanic - Lubbock
SPEC is hiring a full-time mechanic in Lubbock. Must have a high school diploma or GED. Basic knowledge of light duty and medium duty vehicles. Must have brake certification, air and hydraulics. Requires a valid Texas CDL. Maintains complete records on each fleet vehicle by recording all repairs, inspection and testing reports. Performs vehicle maintenance as needed. Arranges the delivery of fleet vehicles to outside mechanic shops if repairs cannot be made in-house. Good computer skills required. South Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Part-Time IT Help Desk Technician - Lubbock
The IT Help Desk technician is expected to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. The IT Help Desk technician responsibilities also include investigating, resolving and escalating network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate 1st level support. You will use applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written knowledge base articles and technical manuals. EOE
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for providing first tier technical support for all users.
- Receives and prioritizes calls and e-mails from users.
- Provides first-line support answering technical questions and providing resolutions to problems.
- Anti-virus troubleshooting and support
- Monitor and manage IT asset inventory.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Keep systems up to date through operating systems upgrades
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed
- Respond to IT issues, hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Set up equipment for new users
- Install and update network system improvements as needed
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more
Some of the best, brightest, most creative and dedicated people have chosen to serve their communities and develop their careers through electric cooperatives. America’s electric cooperatives are working to bring home innovative electrical solutions to the communities we serve.
South Plains Electric Cooperative only accepts applications when positions are available. Please check back regularly for new job listings. If you are interested in working for a Touchstone Energy Cooperative and are willing to relocate, check for job listings at www.touchstoneenergy.jobs.
South Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Have an entrepreneurial spirit?
Interested in growth opportunities?
At South Plains Electric Cooperative, we have opportunities in many diverse roles, ranging from information technology, communications, marketing and member services, engineering and operations, and community and economic development to name a few. Plus, you can feel good about what you do. Electric cooperative employees receive satisfaction knowing their work makes a difference in their community, directly improving people's lives.
Electric cooperatives provide their staff with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. With approximately 63,000 employees nationwide, Touchstone Energy cooperatives offer great career opportunities among a variety of professional, technical and business positions.